Thursday, February 16

Embracing 12 Weeks

Well hello there 12th Week of pregnancy! I can't believe I'm this far already. Before I know it I'll be 16, then 20, then 28, then 30, then 37!! Wow. I mean my friend Rebecca's pregnancy is going by so fast! She's having a little  boy! I can't wait to meet little Tristan! He's going to be adorable! Him and Elijah will be great friends, and so will him and My sweet little hootie hoot!

Well, here is my usual update:- but set up slightly different. I will be doing this once a week. :) I did this with Elijah, but I've changed it a bit.


How many Weeks: 12 Weeks :-)

Cravings: Pepsi, Sour Candy, and Chocolate! haha! Do I get these things? On rare occasion! Unless my bestie knows I needs them, then she will find a way to help me out. haha!



Weight Gain: still only two pounds according to light clothes, and my scale! In one week is my OB appointment, and I'll be 13 weeks so I will tell you what there mean scale says. ;)


Maternity Clothes:Still haven't gotten a chance to really buy any. My pants are bothering me, because of how low my uterus is right now, but I wear pj pants around the house when I don't go anywhere, and when I do go out, I have my awesome belly sleeve to helps the irritation.


Mood Swings: Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to be upbeat and positive lately. I've tried letting things roll off my back, and not lashing out at anyone. I'm definitely learning! I have my cry days, I'm just a super emotional person though, so my husband kinda expects it, and so does some of my friends.


Sleep: I have my nights. Last night my belly was cramping like period cramps, so I would roll to whatever side I wasn't on, and it was ease up for a bit. But I think it's just that I haven't had much water. I am trying to train myself to not sleep on my back- it's so hard!! sleeping on my back is amazing. And before I got pregnant I started enjoying sleeping on my tummy, so I can't do that now. :/ but it will all be worth it in the end.


Movement: Sometimes I think I feel something, but I second guess myself, and I'm like it might be a gas bubble. But the other day I felt a small thump,thump,thump,thump then when I looked down at my belly and touched where I felt it, it stopped! So, I don't know. :/ but I can't wait til I can feel big movements like I did with Elijah!


Weekly Wisdom: Well, I'm trying to eat healthy and watch my weight, not because I'm scared to get fat but because I don't want to gain as much as I did with Elijah. So, I would say eat healthy, exercise, which I do. I walk a little over 2 miles every other day, and now I'm working out by dancing. But after you are done, make sure you drink water, and put your feet up. I had horrible swelling with Elijah, and the doctors don't want it to happen again, so I'm drinking a lot of water, and watching my sodium intake, at least trying to.


Gender: 99% sure it's a girl. God has a weird way of telling us. But the closer we get to ultrasound day, I'll let you all take a guess. :))


Labor Signs:  Heck no! Just trying to enjoy this part :-)


Best Moment this week: Matthew got the day before Valentines day off, because of bad weather conditions. So, it was nice to have him home. Also, my mom is planning me a baby shower for when we go home in May! We talked about it today, which made my day!


Belly Button, Innie or Outtie: Innie ;-P


What I miss: I don't miss being tired! I didn't have bad morning sickness this go around. But my energy levels have been awful! But for a week, maybe longer I've had great energy levels, I've been in a great mood!


Milestone: My milestone for this week is that I've simply made it! I'm just glad to have made it this far. Miscarriages seem to run in Matthew's family and mine :/ So, here's to another week :)

Next Appointment: Feb 22, 2012 at 11 am, with my favorite midwife, and we will hear the heartbeat, and try to record it! :-) If we get to record it, I'll post the video!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I didn't have bad morning sickness, I guess it took all my energy instead. Also, my hair won't stop falling out! I took a bath tonight and washed my hair and it's falling out like I'm going to go bald next week. I didn't have this problem with Elijah! My face is still a pizza face. I have tried a face scrub, and I clean my makeup off at the end of the day- of the days I actually wear makeup, so I have one more thing  I'm going to try, and I'll ask my midwife at my next appointment!

We will hear the Hootie Hoot's heartbeat on next Wednesday! I had to call them because I couldn't remember what time my next appointment was- it's a good thing I called. They had  no record of my appointment, and had to make me another one. So, needless to say I was pretty upset, because we were going to have a 9 or 930 appointment so Matthew wouldn't have to rush when we got home to get ready for work, but now he will have too. No big deal for him though- he's just ready to hear the baby's Heartbeat.

strange reason she is a he, then we might  need help with a name. I only have middle name, which is Noah. But, that's if we need it.

Good night Everyone! :-) Have a great night :-)

2 comments:

  1. My hair fell out too! and it still does a little, from nursing. my face broke out too with Ad!! but it definitely calmed down in the 2nd trimester, thankfully!!! love these preg updates! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine didn't fall out with Elijah. My face broke out with him but my hair us coming out like crazy, I hate it. It usually falls out without me being pregnant. So glad I'm doing these again! :-)

    ReplyDelete