Monday, December 12

The Blessings I have right in front of me

So, God has brought it to my attention that I need to be thankful and grateful for the blessings he has brought into my life. And with that being said I would like to share a few things that have have happened recently.

On Dec 4, 2011 A wonderful thing happened, not only was it my husband's 26th birthday, but my best friend here in Missouri, and a woman I consider to be my sister in law, because she say's she's Matthew's sister, got saved and is now also my sister in Christ. Since shes' been saved so many wonderful things have happened in both of our lives! She also blogs when she gets the chance, so if you want too, go check out her blog! Amanda Ballard's Blog! I think you would enjoy reading her blog as well.

Matthew and I are getting ready to move into a house, that we plan on buying, but since we can't buy it just yet, the guy is letting us rent it, for less then $100 then what he wanted to begin with. We did not negotiate on the rent, he brought the price down on his own. He's in the military as well, and seems to understand some things, so he's allowing us to start to move in, and doesn't except us to live their until the beginning until Jan, and he's not expecting any rent until the 15 payday of Jan, and he's only asking for $300! So, that in itself is a big blessing!

Elijah is so independent! He says so many words! Ball is his favorite word. He feeds himself with a spoon, he builds blocks with daddy, he's a video to show you all. Block Building with Daddy. He's so careful and such a sweet little boy! I know when the time is right he will be a great big brother! He knows how to climb onto and off of our couch, our bed, and he goes down the stairs backwards! He's in our eyes, not advanced. Since he's our first kid, and we don't know many other kids, we think it's normal, but then we see other kids either ahead or behind on things he's doing, and we are like wow! Do we except number two to be like him? Yes, but if number two isn't then we will be just fine. Elijah can understand anything you tell him to do. If you tell him to bring you his cup, blanket, or whatever he will do it. He now signs please if you ask him a question and he wants it, for example, today I asked him if he wanted his cup, so he yelled at me, so I asked him if he wanted to say please, and he signed please, so I got it for him. Also, a new thing, how he learned this is beyond me, but he pointed to my eye today and said,"eye" I was like wait, what? So, I asked him, "Elijah, where is mommy's eye?"And he pointed to it again, and said it! He will point to a light, any kind of light, lamp, light in the celling, light's on the tree, and will say, "light" Or he will point to the tree and says,"tree" or "ball" because of the balls on the tree! I can tell him to go sit on his couch for lunch or dinner and he will go to it, he will fuss on the way, but he goes and sits on it. I can tell him to go to his room and he will head up the stairs to his room. I can tell him to go get in the bath tub and oh boy will he try, he will try to swing his leg over the wall of the tub and with a little help he will swing his other leg over. But, like I tell all my friends if we don't teach him, he won't learn! Well, that's enough about little Elijah, now on to My husband!

Matthew is such a great dad and a wonderful husband! He always steps in at the best time! He's been reading his bible at work, since there isn't much to do their, on mid shift. He's helped me through so many tough times in my life since we've been together! He's helped me to grow up, and shown me mature ways to handle things, yes my immaturity still comes out, but name one person that isn't immature every once in a while? Matthew also always knows what to say when I'm down in the dumps or he knows how to make me smile! He doesn't care what I weigh, he doesn't care if I wear makeup he prefers me to not wear makeup, he loves me for me, which means to the world to be. I know that he is the most perfect guy for me! He's such a great man! And the best part, is that he's growing more and more in Christ! That to me is the topping on the ice cream! With him growing, it makes me want to grow more.

Well, I hope you all think about your blessings, and count them daily! I know I am! Have a wonderful night! And only 13 days until Christmas... The birth of Jesus! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Here's my blog link :)

    http://mommywilson2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, before I saw this, I posted my latest blog and put a link in it for you! :)

    ReplyDelete