Best friends are the ones that you don't have to ask to do anything, the ones that are always there for you no matter what nad never judge you. They never say, what about me? What about my feelings? How about you come over here, why can't you just ignore your husband? Best friends try there hardest to understand what you are going through, never question your judgement calls, and never feel used. I have friends that I know I can talk too, but my best friends I have are very few, and far in between. I have come by some, here while being at Whiteman, and have come very close to them, they should know who they are. They are alwasy here for me, never say, well Mandy, you are over reacting, you need to chill, they always know when I need to vent, they even tell me up front, well this is how I would do this, but I understand you... They know how nice of a person I am, they know if I could do anything for them, I would do it in a heartbeat. They understand my husband is only an A1C and we can't afford the finest of things, that we are bargin shoppers, and light eaters. Yes, we do enjoy going out to eat once and a while, and buying some things for ourselves, but we know that we have a baby that comes before us and his needs over rides ours. We weren't as lucky as some and wasn't able to have a lot of money in our savings account before he joined, and no I might not have been the smarest cookie when I went to live with him in Texas, but if I wouldn't have done that I wouldn't have Elijah now, as a almost 4 month old. Who knows what could have been or what should have been? We can't look in the past and say, well I should have done this different, well, yeah, well now you know for next time. Best firneds don't let you dwell on your past mistakes, and they don't tell you how you ruined your life, whith getting married at 17 and having a baby at 20. They tell you this makes you a stronger person, and you know you can do this. Best friends try to make you smile and have a great time, even when they aren't around. They help you with what ever you need, if it's only a 5 minute break, or a shower, or eating a hot meal.
Best friends are more less family. They are here when you need them, tell you things up front, honest, kind, and show you hard love. Best friends are hard to find, I had to leave some behind in Georgia, and now one will be leaving me soon. It's a hard pill to swallow, but I know it had to be done.
I hope this wasn't too scrambled, and it was easy to understand, and I don't know if you agree with me about best friends, but this is how mine are.
I have a crying baby I must attend too. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment