Monday, January 31

How My Life Has Changed

Elijah Micheal Flippen & Matthew Andrew Flippen have changed my life in ways no one could ever think of. Elijah brings a smile to my face every day, no matter if I had a bad night or not, and Matthew can always make the little things disappear. They are the loves of my life. I have had a rough few weeks, being slightly depressed, in a grumpy mood, not wanting to do anything, but God has shown me and told, more then once, that he will never leave me and he will not put more on me than I can handle. He has also told me that with him all things are possible. I have had a lot of time to think, and have talked to a few people, and let them know what was going on with me, and they have helped. My pastors wife has helped me in a way that I don't think anyone else could. She is like a mom to me. She knows just what to say, and how to say it. I love her in a way that I have never loved anyone. She's so kind, and listens, she's just simply amazing.

Matthew and I have came to a compromise about Elijah. He will feed him, change him and play with him in the mornings while I either sleep or clean, and then I will take care of him the rest of the day, since Matthew is on swings, and I will put him, Elijah, to bed on the weeknights and Matthew gets to do it on weekends. :) I love how we agreed to do that! It helps me get things done, and it helps Matthew and Elijah build a relationship,and bond, that I think, they need.

Elijah is my son, he's 3 months old, and he's my world. I have had a hard time with him, and I am still learning, but, what can I say? I'm a new mom still learning, still trying to understand what all his cries mean. I have a hard time, but I know that I can do it. I have a lot of support, and I have a lot of people praying for me. Elijah means the world to me, if anything ever happened to him, I would be devastated! He's my little pumpkin, my little man, my big boy, my chuncker, my little blue eyed prince, he's my everything!

Well, I want to post a picture that my sister in law took of us while we were home in Georgia, and I edited it!


1 comment:

  1. Being a new mom can have it's moments.. but you are never alone and have people who love and care about you :) I am here if you ever need me :)

    ReplyDelete