Friday, June 18

Spa Day- Some thoughts I've had today

Yesterday some of my girls and I had a spa day. It was just great. I didn't think I would really enjoy other girls touching my feet, but it was pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Felt good to have a foot rub, and get my toes painted, and now they are soft and smell so good.

I've had a lot of thoughts lately on my pregnancy. Like how do I know if i Have enough amoebic fluid around the baby? How do I know if he's growing ok? How do I know if my due date is on track? Some of my friends have influenced these thoughts on me, but these are really good questions. I have no clue what size my baby is, and it's upsetting. I'm not getting stressed about this, yet, but if my midwife doesn't give me answers on Monday I will not be a very happy pregnant lady. I don't want to be one of those pregnant women who get worried about everything, but I do want to know my baby is safe in my belly, and that I'm doing everything in my power to keep him safe. I have been in a mood lately, and I will, if I have too get mean with her. I just want to make sure my son is going to be ok. I can't come out and pay over $200 for an ultrasound, when the insurance should cover it. I know, I'm one in a million where the midwife refuses to order one. :/ Makes me sad, because the other girls I know get one, and don't have to pay for it. On to something else before I get really upset.

Well, Matthew will be starting to work 5pm-5am. It's not a big deal though, I have lots of girls that I can hang out with while he's at work, I try not to complain about it,  because I'm sick of hearing other women complain about there husbands jobs, or the Air Force in general. We, as wives can't do anything about what hours they work, or when they get home, so why complain? I just try to take it as it comes, and settle with what they give me. Which is a roof over my head, money to buy food, and insurance that is good enough for me.

I used to be such a negative person, but I'm glad I'm more positive, and that I try not to complain about little things. I try to look at life and take it one day at a time. If you are more positive about things, you might start to like your life more.

Forgive me if I seem to be getting on your nerves, but I'm just in a mood today. I'm sick of hearing people complain. Yes I have things I complain about, but the Air Force is not on the list at all. I think us, as wives, should be thankful our husbands even have jobs. Look at the unemployment rate in your state, city, or even the country. It's sad! Ok, I'm done with that rant.

I've been pretty blessed lately. People have been getting things off my registry, and things that aren't even on my registry. I've been meaning to take pictures, and show them all off, but I keep forgetting. Well I think I'm going to watch some t.v and eat a grilled cheese. They are so yummy, you should try one. :)

Have a great day! :-D



2 comments:

  1. Hehe! It's so cute how you called it amoebic fluid ;] I guess you meant amniotic fluid? :) :) I totally understand your concerns. Soon, they'll start measuring your uterus and will be able to tell fairly accurately how far along you are. Are you and Matthew going to do another ultrasound later on in the 3rd trimester? We haven't decided yet. Anyway, I'm glad you're looking positively on things!! Have you checked out your Airman's Attic yet? There are always TONS of baby things at ours -- we've gotten so much free stuff, and it's amazing! They're always giving away bouncy seats, walkers, exersaucers, etc. Too fun! Free is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I meant amniontic fluid. Sorry. I don't think so. We don't have the money to fork out like other people. No, I haven't been to the Airmans Attic yet. Some of my firnds have and have brought me things, but I know next Friday a friend and I are going to our Thrift Store here on base, bc the baby clothes are going to be .25 a peice. :)

    ReplyDelete