Thursday, August 23

Just One Week Short of Due Date

Well today not only did I turn 39 weeks, but my pumpkin turned 22 months old, and I had an appointment.

To start with my pumpkin has been acting out a lot lately. It makes me sad to see him act out the way that he is. But I keep disciplining him, he won't learn any other way. But I love on him so much! We laugh and have fun together when he's not napping or playing or acting out. People keep saying, "it's because he knows a change is coming" Well, I hope that is true, and that when the change comes he calms back down. I love him so much, and he's so smart, I hate spanking him, or putting him in time out! But, like I said he needs to learn.
He's so smart! He can count to ten, repeating me, say his ABC's, and says so many words, a few of his new words are, waffle, Buck, Bear-Monkey. I tell you he says so many things I can't keep up with him. He knows most of his body parts! Ears, Mouth, Nose, Head, Hair, Cheeks, Butt, Heart, Elbow, Shoulder, Feet, Toes, Knees, Finger, Hands, Eyes, Chin, Neck,Belly, Belly Button.... I think he has a crush on Minnie Mouse.... he adores her! He loves running around in the living room spinning in circles and then falling over! He thinks it so funny! He's using the potty more and more, now if we can get him to tell us when he has to potty, that would be great! any ideas? He loves making other people laugh! He's such a joy to be around, until he gets some wild hair, and has his moments. I can't wait to see what he learns this month!

My appointment today went ok. I've gained 26 pound overall! Which I'm sorry- to me, that sounds great! Fantastic even! He's measuring a week small, either because of low fluids, laying in an odd position, or just because he's going to be small. They aren't concerned about fluid being low, so I would rule that out, and say he's going to be small? haha! I'm still not thinned out at all, and he's still really high. She could barley touch him with a finger tip! Made me so sad. So, with that being said I couldn't get stripped today. I was really sad. I've been having contractions all week! And it doesn't seem to be helping me progress at all! His head is also positioned weird, his head is laying on my right side, instead of being in the center. I've been trying to push him over to get him to move over, he's moved a little since last week, but still mainly on my right side. :/ my blood pressure is good, always has been, no swelling! I'm still wearing my wedding ring for crying out loud! :O We did talk a little about induction today. She said if I go in where I'm sitting right now, she'd start cytotec (sp?) but if next week I haven't gone in on my own, and we set an induction date and I'm 2-3 CM she would skip cytotec and just start with pit. I told her, as much as I don't want an epidural again, if it's looking like it's going to be a long labor because my body isn't relaxing, around 6-7CM I'm getting the epidural just to let my body fully relax- but that will be decided when I'm in labor. With Pit I won't be able to get up and walk around anyways, so might as well be stuck in bed...
I've done so much natural things to get labor started it's not even funny. I'm always on my feet doing something, unless I am just down right exhausted. I relax in warm baths, I do squats, I bounce on my ball. I walk, and always more than a mile. I dance around the house. I get all these contractions, but that's it! I'm not progressing, and today when she checked me, and said 1cm I almost cried. Not because I'm super uncomfy, not because "he HAS to come out" but because I am so scared of being induced again.... I know "God is in control" or "he'll come when he's ready" but like I've asked Matthew, what about these ladies in third world countries- they don't have the medicine that we do- and they NEVER go into labor? Some women just don't go into labor on there own. It's known to happen. What if I'm one of those women?

Anyways, I cleaned the bathrooms today and when I say cleaned I mean super cleaned. I made a home cooked supper, and have been cranky all day- even before my appointment, so I think I'm just going to turn in for the night!

nighty night everyone! Keep an eye out, because God has a blessing in store for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment