I'm the kind of mom who listens to the nutritionist at the WIC office, that says my son, who is 16.5 months old needs 3 good meals a day, and at least one snack and 16oz of milk and only 4oz of juice a day. So with that being said, my son typically gets some kind of waffle, oatmeal, or eggs for breakfast along with a banana, or some strawberries and his milk cup. Then he gets lunch, which will consist of maybe a pb&j sandwich, ham sandwich, mac n cheese, sweet peas, ravioli, and a fruit of peaches, pears, apples, or mixed fruit, and either a few animal crackers, teddy grams, or goldfish, and usually he will eat all of it, and for drink he gets water. For his snack, after lunch, will either be a banana, cheese puffs, cookie, or apples, with less then half a cup of juice, the rest filled with water. Then dinner is typically what mommy has: chicken, pork chops, cubed steak, steak, then rice, mashed potatoes, mac n chesse, and either corn, green beans, sweet peas, cabbage, carrots, collards, ect, you get the picture, then he gets a cup of milk when he's done eating. He gets at most 4 cups a day, 3 at least. He doesn't go without, and I feed him all of this, bc it's best for him. He uses a spoon, fork- now, or his hands, we sit at the table, we pray, and eat. We laugh, bob our heads to the music, smile, and have a good semi-family time- daddy is typically at work during the week.
On pretty days, we go outside and play. To get him to come in, it's like pulling teeth. Nearly impossible! He loves, going outside! He loves exploring, running around, falling in the grass, and playing. I don't mind him going out, as long as I'm with him.
I always saw myself being the 'go by the book' kinda mom. I help my son learn. I don't push him by any means. If he seems ready for the challenge, I encourage him. That's why he says daddy, bless you, thank you, big ball, cookie, nana, pawpaw, ect. He knows where his diapers are, and who's on his diapers. He knows his nose, mouth, tongue, eyes, ear, head, foot, arms, and knows where they all are. He knows where his room is, where his bed is, and knows he has angels watching over him-always. He says yeah, shakes his head no, can throw away his own diaper, put his cup in the sink, open and close the trash can, he amazes me! He's doing things that 2 year olds do! Will number 2 be like her brother? We can hope so. Statics show that having kids close in age helps the younger one learn faster, we will find out!
My son is a healthy, happy boy. Does he have wants? Yes. I'm not buying him everything he wants. It's not good to do that. But is he spoiled? You better believe it, spoiled with love!
I'm done, I've been meaning to post this for a few days. I Had the blog thought one day that I looked at Elijah and noticed that, he's no longer a baby, he's my big toddler, who will soon be my big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment