Tuesday, February 28

Fresh Ideas

Before you read this, I will warn you, I am not trying to upset anyone, or make anyone feel like less then a friend to me. I vaule each of my friends opinions, and I'm thankful I have those friends to help me pick things, and choose things. I still love all my friends and always will.


Well since I've been thinking about changing the theme of the nursery from owls to something else. I've been looking pretty much for several hours this evening and I've falling in love with some soft, light colors, and I have a new theme picked out. I got to thinking and the nursery is the mom's thing, something a mom should have control over, and something that should be fun and her idea. I love the ideas my friends have given me, don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have friends that even want to help me look for a theme, but it should be my idea, and I should be happy about it. I will call the baby a hootie hoot forever, she's my little owl, and if I see something in owls that I want, then I will get it. A bow, memory book, a sleeper, ect. but the nursery will be a surprise until it's set up. My mom will probably be, other than my husband to know the theme. Now my baby showers will still be owl theme. Nothing wrong with that. One of my best friends, Amanda, already has picked out what she's going to buy for it, and I'm not making her change the theme, the baby shower for back home, still working on a theme for it. It may just be pink. I'm not a picky person. I just want things to look nice. Now, that being said, if anyone wants to buy anything for the nursery, you are more than welcome to check out my registries, I have to edit them, and take some bedding off, and take off the bedding I want, so no one knows it, but you can buy soft pinks, whites, ect. I will have some wall decorations on the registers that people can choose from, and then if you don't see anything you want to buy but have an idea, you can always message me and ask me if it would be approprite for the nursery. I know, I'm being a bit crazy, and some of you may think, oh she'll change the idea for the nursery 3 or more times before she actually buys it, but I may or may not, I don't foresee myself changing the theme unless it goes out of stock...

Now, with Elijah I think I went a little a lot overboard with the Pooh theme, to be completely honest, that wasn't just my  fault, but we aren't going there. This time, I want to be the one decorating the nursery, planning it out, and enjoying it, and not stressing out if I have this, or if that's in the right spot. I truly think I am way more laid back this pregnancy than I was with Elijah. And, that is totally a good thing.

Well, that is all for now. I've had pretty okay day, I need to get more cleaning done tomorrow, and be a bit more productive than I was today, but Elijah and I had a blast playing together and enjoying each others company. And, I had so much fun looking up baby stuff. Some of the stuff I saw I thought of some other friends who are pregnant or want to become pregnant. :-)

Have a wonderful night. Weekly update in a few days. See you then!!

2 comments:

  1. As a mom you deserve to have one aspect of your baby-to-be's life completely your control. Because when the going gets rough and everything is a mess, the least you can say is "what a cute nursery".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! That is so true! thanks for the comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete