So I've been up since 6 this morning, and Matthew and I have been watching TLC since we've been up. I watched 18 Kids and Counting, where Anna gave birth, and afterwards has been nothing but Babys First Day. So I've seen all natural births, I've seen epidurals, and its really got me thinking how I'll be doing number 2.
I planned on doing the same way with Elijah. Which I had to get an epidural at 9 cm or else I was going to have to get a c section. But I'm considering going in, and hopefully getting an epidural around 7cm. So my body can relax the last 3cm. I hated being so sick in labor with Elijah, and not being able to relax. I want to feel some pain because pushing a baby out is painful, and I'm ok with that. But I just don't want to be in a long labor like I was with Elijah.
Another thing I've been thinking about is nursing. I cannot wait to nurse! I remember how peaceful it was. I'm hoping this time I can nurse right after the baby is born. I couldn't do that with Elijah. He had swallowed his own poo, and wasn't really crying when he came out, and they had to stimulate him. He still never cried until midnight that night when he wanted to eat. Although nursing was painful to begin with, I hated stopping. When I started to stop I had gotten into the grove, it was relaxing, Elijah loved it too!
This time I plan on doing a lot differently. I'm ok with the baby being in our room for about 6 weeks maybe even longer. I plan on her napping in her crib to begin with. I know what I'm in for this time around. Sleepless nights, cramping while nursing, tired mommy and daddy.
The only thing I don't know how I'm going to react to is having two kids, and when number two gets here, ill have two kids under the age of two. I am praying Elijah is a great big brother. I pray that he somehow understands that mommy has to split her time. That he won't be the only sparkle in my eye. He will always be my baby, because he was born first, he's my pumpkin. But number two is going to be my baby too.
My mom is wanting to come up for a few weeks after the baby is born. I'm hoping that she can help me get into the grove of having two babies. My brother and I are 23 months apart, so I'm hoping that she can give me some insight. :)
Well Elijah is eating breakfast, Matthew is heading out to a reschedule pt test, and Elijah and I are going to get ready to go to an appointment.
That's great :) With the plan you have and knowing what you know, I think you will be better prepared and ready for being a mommy of 2 :) I won't lie it's not easy but go won't throw anything at you that you can't handle :( Just remember that sis.. You are strong and can do this :)
ReplyDeleteYou will do great. and no two labors are the same..just like each pregnancy is different and each child is different! I was in labor with Madelyn for over 20 hours and they gave me petocin and other fun drugs..with Ella I went in and was there for barely 4 hours until I had her with literally no drugs at all.
DeleteGod*
ReplyDelete