Sometimes it's hard to do what God wants you to do, because your flesh wants something different, but once you give it all to him, and you know in your heart that what he is saying is the best for you, it's not that hard at all. Once you give God your all, and stop listening to worldly advice, I can say from personal experience, that your life will seem so much lighter. You won't have as much of a weight on your shoulders.
Sometimes peoples thought change, like where they want to live, the name of their unborn child/children. Sometimes the friends you thought you had weren't much of friends to begin with. God allows you to go through hard times, to show you different things, to help you, for you to relay on him with all your heart. Sometimes your whole life changes before your eyes. Sometimes you think you want 3 kids, but then realize, what a blessing kids are, and you allow God to have complete control of that area, and he blesses you with 20! Yes, that is a reference to the Duggars, they are such a blessed, encouraging, Christ-filled family.
I want God to have my life! I have allowed him to have it, but not completely. I've listened to man's advice, and it hasn't always gotten me the best thing. I've set God to the sidelines, and forgotten about him. I've said, "Oh, I'll read later." Well, later never came. I've said, "Oh, I'll pray when I get the chance." The chance never came to me. Now, I've made time to pray, every second I get, I do a bible study, it may only be 10 minutes, but that's ten minutes that my mind is completely focused on God, and it's the best, most peaceful ten minutes of the day. God *never* puts us to the sidelines, he never says I'll wait til I'm done dealing with this person, or wait til I have a minute, why should we do that to him?
God has blessed me so much! Much more then I've ever deserved. I have an extremely smart one year old. I have a husband who sees his own faults and wants to work on himself, rather then change me. I have a roof over my head, a roof that is provided by the US Government, a roof that is less then 2 years old, a house that is really beautiful. I have running water, hot water for showers and baths, and cold water to cook with, and to drink. I have clothes to wear, that aren't all torn up, or that I had to find in a dumpster, my son is all taken care of. He has food to eat, toys to play with, a crib to sleep in, a mommy and daddy who love him with all of our heart, a mommy and daddy that would never harm him, or leave him out in the rain. We have two cars to get us where we may need to go. Both cars have very well gas mileage, and neither one of them are brand new. We have friends that when we need a shoulder to cry on will be here in a heartbeat, friends that if they think, or see us struggle will help us without us asking. We have an awesome church family, whom play as family most of the time, since family are so far away. We have a great, God-loving, down to earth, great preaching, pastor! He is like a father to me. He will help us, pray for us, and show up or call when you need him too, without you having to say anything. We are blessed with Matthew's job. They are pretty good people. The supervision are some of the best. They've made us feel like family. They seem to be considerate of the families feelings, and if the spouse works, of her hours. It helps that his supervion seems to be thoughful.
We, as humans need to remember it's not what we want, and in our timing, but it's what he sees fit, and in his timing. We also need to realize the difference in "wants" and "needs". We will have a lot of wants, but God knows our needs and will provide for us, as long as we are doing what we should. Which in *MY* book is, going to church, being active in church, reading the word, paying our tithes, and having a great relationship with him, (praying) talking to him on a daily basis.
I can only hope any of this made sense to whomever is reading it. This has just been on my mind lately, and I felt the need to share it. I need to see this, and read it, so that I am reminded of the things I need to do. But, if this is only for me, I'm ok with that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment