Monday, July 5

I have been blessed

I couldn't ask for more... I have a beautiful house, that we don't have to pay for, a car that still runs, praise God, a husband who works to keep the bills paid for, a baby boy growing inside of me, food in my house, clothes to wear family that cares, friends that have turned into family... I just have been blessed.

I know this seems like what most people have, and I'm happy that if you are reading this and you have all this and more, thats awesome for you. Matthew and I have really worked our butts off to get most of the things we have. Yes, we have been given a lot of things, and we thank God for that, and the people that have given the things to us. I mean for Elijah, we've been given a lot of clothes, a few toys, and I have a baby shower coming up and I know that those who are coming are going to bless me and my baby with wonderful things. And I can't wait!

A life as a married couple has come very hard for Matthew and myself. We barely saw one another when we first got Married, then I went on the truck with him for about 4 months, then didn't see him for almost 2 months, then we worked at the same place but at one point had different schedules, so once again didn't see each other. We had to email one another in order to talk to one another. Then he left for BMT, gone for 8.5 weeks then I went to graduation, and most of you know I don't like to think of how that went. We had only 3 or 4 hours of alone time and at that point we've been married for almost 2 years. So I was so upset by that point and just decided on my own, well with some input from Matthew to move to TX with him, which most of you know I said was a horrible choice in the end, but like I told Matthew last night, if I wouldn't have moved we wouldn't be expecting this wonderful bundle of joy and I wouldn't have learned so much about myself while I was there. No, I didn't see him everyday, No he didn't spend the night every weekend. It was not sugar and roses while I was there, but we learned about each other in a way that we had never before. Now we are here, in MO. And we are still learning one another. Still trying to adjust to how each other was raised, taught, and how each other think. We have gotten a long way now that we are far away from family, and I thank God for that. But, it's still hard to adjust.
But God has helped us along the way. He has always been here for us. Putting people in our path to help us, showing us ways to help one another. I have to give God the credit for everything wonderful that has happened in our marriage. This is way I've been so blessed.
Things are slowly coming together, and things are starting to feel like a "normal marriage" But I know it will never be "normal" there is no such thing are normal in the military, or being my age and being married for almost 3 years. Some people think I'm crazy for being married, but I think that since God showed me my true love at such an early age, why wait? I know that we have familly and friends who will not let our marriage fail, and we have each other, who refuses to divorce thats just one thing we don't believe in, and we will do whatever it takes to make our marriage work.
We love one another, we love our son and it would kill us to see him have to suffer through something so horrible. Elijah may not be here in flesh form yet, but Matthew and I have so much love for him already! I never thought I would ever be able to love someone so much that I've never even seen, and here I am already spoiling our son and giving him so much love.

I hope that this isn't as scambled as I think it is. I hope that you all understand what I'm trying to say. I love my husband and even through our fights and mis-understandings I would never think to leave him. I love our son and could never put him through something so horrible. God has blessed my husband and I, and I want to see us make it through the rough times and be happy and laugh through the good times :)

2 comments:

  1. this is my favorite post you've ever written :) when is your shower, exactly? Mine is July 25. Be sure to take lots of photos!! That way all of us online can see them, and you'll have plenty to choose from when you scrapbook everything!! I have a serious problem with worrying over everything -- and I've been like this my WHOLE life.. I just worry unnecessarily.. but anyway, it's good to keep in perspective how blessed each of us really is. Good post, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My shower is July 17! :) I can't wait. I'll have some people taking pictures, or at least I hope so. I want to be able to enjoy my shower and not have to take pictures. I can't wait to scrapbook everything! I've got to finish Matthew's first. lol! Thanks for liking my post. :) I just try to post things I think about. :-) Can't wait to see your pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete