OFFICAL NEWS
Feb 14, 2010 was Valentines Day. I was also 9 days late. Well that weekend if you all recall, Matthew had to work CQ and in order for our schedule to be the same, I had to stay up all night, so I could sleep with him during the day. So, since I was 9 days late, I thought to myself, take a test, it's an expired test, but I didn't care, I just needed a test. So, I took the test, and it came back positive... I was shocked My mouth dropped. I started feeling my blood presure rise, and my heart beat rise. I called my BFF at 4:30am. Well if it sounds better, it was 5:30 am her time. I told her and she said to take ten more.... lol... So, I had to figure out how to tell Matthew, and I looked things up. I had no more test to take, and I didn't want to go to bed. So, I went to looking things up. Then, finally, I went and layed on the couch. So, I drifted off to sleep, and was trying to figure out how to tell Matthew. When I started to out to get him, I was praying and asked God, "How do I tell him? How do I know this is true?" So, When I got infont of his squadron, he got in the car, I looked over at him and said, "I wasn't going to get you anything for Valentines Day, but I got you something, you might not like it, but you better learn to like it." So, he said, "Uh OOOoooookkkkay.... what?" I then said, "I'm pregnant, we need to go to Wal-Mart and get some more test." So we did. I ended up taking 4 test. 3 came back positive, and one came back with an error. That night, I went out and got what to expect when you're expecting. Great book! Also got some pre-natual Vitamins.
We didn't say much to too many people, because we didn't want word to get back to our family Matthew's Family. We didn't want them to find out via facebook! That would have just been wrong. So, Matthew and I found out you needed a blood test to get your first visit with Tricare, so we said, ok, when we get home, that Monday we will do the blood test. Well, it works out great when you go to church with a captain, that is over the recruiters, He gave Matthew Monday off, and he didn't even know that he needed it off. We told his parents on Saturday after we made a 15 hour trip into a 24 hour trip. It was horrible. Thats for another blog. So, a friend back in TX made me a plate, and I'll have to get some pictures and show you all, but, it has our name on it, and it has 3 hearts. One for each member of our now family. So, Matthew explained that to his mom, and she caught on like really fast, and was excited. He told his sister youngest sister, a different way. I took a picture on my phone of the first test. And he showed that to his sister, and she was excited. Told his dad the same way he told his mom, and he didn't catch on too fast. Matthew had to kinda spell it out. Told his brother in a cute way. He came over to see us, and Matthew looked at him and said," I know something about you, that you don't know." Jeremiah said,"What? What has the Air Force been teaching you? And why don't I know?" Matthew came back at him, and said, "Well, do you really want to know?" Jeremiah said,"I don't know if I need to know or not." I chimed in and said, "Well you don't have to know, but you might want to know." We had himg going for a while. He was gettig excited, and wanted to know. So, Matthew finally said, " You are going to be an uncle." Jeremiah was excited, and asked when? Well October 13th is my due date. He wasn't too excited about that, becasue he will be in Afgan at that time. :( But he's still happy. He called his other sister who is the oldest of the other three. Matthew is the oldest of the four. He told her she was going to be an aunt. She's so excited! She can't wait! So, thats how everyone found out.
We had the blood test today. It was not so great, but better then I thought.. I didn't cry, I didn't pass out, but I saw the signs of blacking out. I had to calm down, the nurse put a cold pack on my neck, Matthew held my hand, they all talked to me, tell me I was doing good. It was great to have a supportive nurse, even though when she stuck me, she didn't get it. I had to get stuck twice. The second nurse that came in, was from God. He sent her to stick me, while I was in between passing out, and coming back. I never blacked out though. Came close. But all in all, I keep getting better each time they stick me for blood. I'm hoping the next time is ok. I'm hoping the next time they only have to stick me once, that I don't come close to blacking out. I know that God had his arms around me, I know some of you are saying, wow, she's a wuss and you know what? I don't care. I have had some pretty rough times with needles, and I'm very proud that I keep improving!
Tomorrow is going to be great. Matthew has to get in his blues, and go to Perry High School to work with high school students about going in. It sounds pretty fun if you ask me. The bad thing, I have to drive him, he has to be there at 08:30 and it's about 45 minutes away. After that I will hang out with my uncle, he found out I was in town, and saw I was pregnant, and wants to take me out to lunch, or breakfast. Which, is fine with me, free meal for me and the baby. Makes me happy. I'm not complaining.
Well, I guess my blog is long enough, and pretty detailed. Sorry, I don't have pictures, all of our stuff is packed in the car right now, and don't have the energy to unpack it. But, thats ok with me.
Love you all, have a great night, and please remember Laura in your prayers. She's off to basic, and I miss her already. I haven't talked to her in a few days. :( She will do fine in basic though. I love her, like a sister, and wouldn't change a thing about her.
:) :) :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I could've saved you from getting blood work done. If you have 2 or more positive test you don't need your blood taken (at least in Minot) lol. <3
ReplyDelete:) Congratulations again! What a great day to find out that you guys are expecting! I know that you will be great parents and I'm looking forward to hearing about the pregnancy as it progresses. I will keep Laura in my prayers as well, she's going to do great there. :)
ReplyDeleteMaegan- well I was told that with tricare you need a blood test period. so, thats why we did the blood test.
ReplyDeleteKari- thank you for all your sweet, kind words. I'm hoping we will do great.. I know that God has his hand on it. I aslo know that God has his hand on Laura, and I want her to do well, and I know she will! :)
Aww yay Mandy this is so exciting.. Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteMaegan thats good news to know because I HATE needles and hate the "doctors" here so not having to get a blood test makes me hate tricare a little less!
ReplyDeleteMANDY I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! You are going to be a great mommy and I can't wait to have you update us along your journey! I totally share your hatred of needles! I almost pass out every single time I have blood taken! Just remember that bundle of joy you get to see at the end :) yay!
Congratulations, Mandy! You know, I had a bit of a feeling that this might be your surprise, but I didn't want to say anything until you said something about it :-) in case I was wrong lol. I bet you and Matthew are soooooo excited!
ReplyDeleteStephanie- thanks again! :) I'm very excited.
ReplyDeleteAlyssa- at least I know I'm not alone with those needles. I hate hate hate them! I've been feeling a bit bad lately. I still haven't thrown up, but gosh have I gotten so close. I hate the way I'm feeling... I try to remeber that I have this wonderful, cute baby in me, but thats so hard to remember all the time.
Tara- Well, I guess you were right then. :) We are very excited! and happy, and scared, and all the other words too.
Gratz Mandy!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait until you find out the sex! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you girl! We need to talk more! But I know you've been busy lately. Hope you're having a good time back at home.
Thanks. I've been really busy. Matthew dumped our computer onto a hard drive to clean it up, and fix our adobe reader. Now, I have lots of time, as long as I feel up to it. Yes, we do need to talk more. I love to talk. :D
ReplyDelete