Saturday, January 9

Chicken Fried


Well i was raised in the south. Almost as south as you can get. I hail from Georgia. And I don't regret any day living there. I was raised eating fried chicken, fried okra, and drinking sweet tea. I went to flea markets, and went to Wal-Mart. We also shopped in Salvation Army, and Goodwill, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It was my normal. When I was about 10 I was still wearing overalls, and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I was raised listening to country and that was it. Like there was nothing else to listen too, now that i think of it, I wasn't sheltered. I saw my parents struggle with money problems, and saw them fight. I saw my dad punish all of my siblings, but I could tell that it was differnt between my blood brother and myself. I was raised in the bible-belt states. I didn't get to church often like I should, but I was under the influance of my parents. They were to take care of me, and we just didn't go to church often. When we did, it was awesome. I loved going, and learning, meeting new friends, and just having a good ole time. I was raised saying yall, ma'am and sir. I was raised with black people, as far as the eye could see. I have no problem with hillbillies, rednecks, or black people. Some of my closest friends in Georgia are rednecks/hillbillies and black! I was rasied differnt from lots of people. I mean I really thougth that a lot was spelled alltogether! LOL! School systems in the south aren't the best, but in Georgia, they are probably the worse. Test scores there are awful, they have came up, but not by much. The south to me, is as far up to N.Carolina, and as far over as Kentucky and Arkansas and Louisiana, but everyone else are Yankee's or Westen! HAHA I know that it's not right, but thats just what I think. I know that the south goes all the way up to Maryland! Which sounds crazy right? To me it does! I do know that there are some crazy redneck people up in Penn. and Even in New York!  But, anyways, on more about how I was rasied.

My parents shopped every years for us kids (6 kids) at Wal-Mart for school. We got all our clothes and supplies there. I remeber asking my dad one year, when I was about 15 if we could go to the mall to shop, he told me I was crazy, he didn't have the money to be spending $50 bucks on a pair of jeans, and that was the end of it. I wasn't spoiled. I knew my parent's couldn't afford to pay for my college, I knew that they couldn't afford to buy me 150 dollar purse, even if I pitched a fit for it. (which, if I ever came across one that cost that much I was ask myself who needs one that cost that much anyway?) I was perfectly happy with wal-mart clothes, and if my friends didn't like my clothes, then they aren't real friends.

I know there are some people out there that just have to have the finner things in life, because that's what mommy and daddy spoiled you with, but guess what? If you don't have a trust fund, or some hidden away money, then your going to have to work for those things. And your going to have to work your butt off for it. Right now, with our moeny, I think I can keep on buying wal-mart things, and not make a big deal out of it. I don't care who I run across in wal-mart, i know there are really hard working people out there that have no other place to shop at, other then wal-mart.

14 comments:

  1. Mandy, your blog makes me smile. That way you wrote this was really cute and it is just plain Mandy! I shop at Walmart, I shop at Goodwill, I didn't get my way paid through college, I didn't get spoiled as much as other people did. Everyone should be proud of all of their accomplishments in life whether you went to a community college or an ivy league school. Its funny that a lot of us are in the same exact position whether we have a top notch degree or never finished college. Don't let ANYONE make you feel bad about who you are, or where you came from, or what you've done with your life! No one has the right! Like I said, you have a lot more than some of those people. You've got friends that TRULY love you, and aren't just entertained by you. You've got Jesus Christ in your life, which is a heck of a lot more than some. You embrace you and your husband's imperfections, rather than denying that they even exist! And you don't have to, nor have you ever, faked who you really are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura you make me smile by what you have to say. I love you so much, and your right I do have more then what some do. But my duty is to pray for them souls. I would hate that the rapture came, and they got left behinde. I'm so glad that I have a friend like you to make me smile, to make me laugh, and to love me as you you do. You see the true me, and that really makes me happy! Thanks so much for your love and support! Your closer to me then any female ever! Thanks so much for being here for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raised well-off. I have no problem buying stuff at walmart, but I also like to shop elsewhere when I have the money. There ARE some crazy things that can be seen at walmart and there's no problem with mentioning it if you see something funny. I was raised in the south as well so I had a multitude of friends. If some people don't enjoy shopping at Walmart, that's totally fine. They can shop where they please. It's their prerogative. You will see people buy nice purses everywhere, no getting around it.
    And assuming that people are rich just because they don't prefer to shop at a certain place is kind of wrong.

    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."- Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was raised well-off too just like Erin. But I hate Wal-mart flat out.. Have always had problems with it and it's my own choice to choose to not shop there.. I don't see what the big deal is mentioning something funny that happened it's ridiculous to freak out over something that petty.

    Just because I was raised well-off doesn't mean my parents were there to help for everything. That is why I'm in debt for actually continuing my education after high school because I paid for at least half of it myself. They helped because they wanted ME to have opportunities that they never had because they care about me and wanted to see me excel. Also keep in mind my parents had 4 kids to take care and put through school too I'm not the only one.

    So what people have nice purses and nice clothes that's there own deal. I have all of that because I worked for it. I had a job where I could actually buy the things I wanted and for me. Or should I have saved my money for actual crap that I wouldn't ever use again. And I shop at the mall all the time and never have I ever spent $50 bucks on a pair of jeans. So I don't know where that came from.

    Do you think that people who earned their degrees to actually have a real career and not work at Wal-Mart don't deserve to have nice things if they want them? Why are you so anti- FINER things in life? As a child my parents did have money problems but once I hit freshman year it all changed with my mom starting her own business so we had double income coming back in after all the family crap we had to go through.

    I don't understand as to why you are taking a stab at Tara in this blog of yours. I know you won't admit to it that you are but don't you think by you making this update that it shows how truly petty this situation really is? Sorry Tara has an opinion of her own blog about what she sees. I don't get why that would make you so upset seriously its Wal-Mart. It's not that great if you think it is why don't you check out WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price.. You can watch it for free online you don't have to buy the DVD..

    You had no reason to pick a fight with Tara she really is a great person and friend and I enjoy talking to her every day and I'm not just entertained by her.. She has tried to help you too so you know she was a real friend to you too like she's a real friend to everyone else. You said she was like a sister to you and then you go and pull a stunt like this? Doesn't make any sense.. She didn't have an easy life growing up either so sorry she's enjoying her life now seriously.. I think you need to think things through before you do something that you will truly end up regretting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also Tara was not the least bit spoiled growing up and her family struggled just to have food to eat, and Tara only went to college because she got a huge scholarship because she worked hard in high school instead of dropping out when she had problems. Tara was also at top of her class in high school even though she had 3 surgeries on her feet and couldn't go to class a lot. So she didn't have it easy at all either. Nate too didn't have it easy Nate went to an expensive school and they only can buy things because Tara had extra money saved up from working during college, otherwise they would be $300 in debt every month from paying his student loans. His parents never helped him at all. They even kicked him out of the house when he was younger.

    So what she wants to enjoy the finer things now. She deserves it. So what she manages her money so she can do this. It's her own choice, just like it was my choice to buy myself finer things too..

    Also, it was wrong for you to stereotype as well by calling people who don't shop at wal-mart stuck up and snobs. What stores are you even talking about anyway? Target? because a lot of the time they are cheaper than Wal-Mart so you confused me there. So I would greatly appreciate it if you could enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See that post right there THAT is exactly why I called you a bitch Shannon and I stand by that! There is no reason for the nastiness and the bitchiness that you all have displayed right there! There is no reason to attack someone like that, you all should be absolutely ashamed and appalled at the behavior you have displayed. Someone who didn't do a THING to you! You all must lead sad SAD lives. "I have a degree but I choose to sit on my ass at home and let my husband earn all the money" Oh yes, SOOO much better. And yes, we already know you would never sacrifice anything for you husband either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Psalms 119:21
    You rebuke the arrogant, who are cursed and who stray from your commands.


    Psalms 138:6
    Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.


    Psalms 147:6
    The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground.


    Proverbs 3:34
    He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble.


    *Proverbs 8:13
    To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate PRIDE AND ARROGANCE, evil behavior and perverse speech.*


    Proverbs 11:2
    When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.


    Isaiah 66:2
    Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the LORD. "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."


    Luke 16:15
    He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romans 12:16
    Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.


    2 Corinthians 10:17-18
    Let him who boasts boast in the Lord. For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.


    Galatians 5:25-26
    Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.


    Galatians 6:14
    May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog was not to attack anyone! See how much you know! Gosh! I was trying to tell my readers how I was raised! Yes When Tara said something about wal-mart, it made me realize how many times I do go to Wal-Mart, but good greif, i even read this to my husband before I posted it, and he thought it was ok! I know I may not be the prettiest, or the skinneiest, or the smartest thing that walks the earth, but I do know real friends when I see them! Wanna know how I came up with the idea? I had a song stuck in my head called chicken fried... Zac Brown band. And I started thinking about my younger days. When I lived at home! I wasn't saying you all had trust funds, or hidden away money! I'm sorry that I didn't finish high school, or that I live with my husband while he's at Tech School, I'm sorry that we enjoy seeing each other almost everyday! Sorry that you couldn't experince that! Too bad huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Laura because it's so damn cheap to transfer a nursing license state to state and yeah I have 4-6 months to wait around for the paperwork.. When I'm moving again in a couple months so I'm doing that paperwork so I can work k thanks.. Also, maybe we have enough money because *GASP* we got married while I was still in school because we couldn't live together for a while during most of his tech school sorry we don't waste our money on worthless crap like you do.. Damn you have no CLUE about anyone's situation so seriously keep your mouth shut. You're the nasty one, this is why no one likes you. You have no reason to call anyone a bitch. And don't even try to quote scripture I'm not going to take the time to read it.

    But joining the Air Force so your husband knows what it feels like to be left behind is ALWAYS a good reason to join right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, what you just said about Luara joining was completly wrong! You really should be feeling pretty low right now! I'm amazed at you! She's joining because she wants too, and plus she will have a job! More then what most of us can say! And she will have one for at least 4 years! She'll be stable and not have to worry about getting fired. (not saying your going to get fired!) Gosh, You completly amaze me! The reason I am saying this in defense of Laura is because it's MY BLOG for crying out loud! I didn't want you to think I'm trying to fight her battles for her! She's very capable of doing that

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't saying you couldn't get a job, I was saying you don't have a job! Also my husband has told me not to worry about getting a job either, but I want to help him out, other then being a house wife. I'm sorry that I couldn't AFFORD to go back to college! I have been! You do know that right? I was getting my degree as well! Just because I didn't finish high school, like you like to throw up in my face. Yes, your right, nothing is really stable. But you have to be doing something really stupid in order to get kicked out.

    ReplyDelete