Sunday, April 22

Pregnancy update

Well I am a little over 21 weeks and I've had my share of problems this pregnancy already! It stinks. I guess you could say I'm on moderate bed rest, I'm not allowed to pick up Elijah unless no one else is around, or do heavy cleaning or moving of furniture, I can barely walk much without contracting. I thought I was leaking fluid on Saturday, so I went in and was shocked at my contractions, and thankfully I wasn't leaking fluids, it could have been several things I was feeling, it could be G really laying on my bladder, or bouncing on it, or the yeast infection I got from the meds I was taking for my bladder infection-I read the side affects and it said nothing about causing a yeast infection but it did! First one I've ever had as an adult and I'll say I know first hand why a baby cries and screams when they have one. Super uncomfortable! But my contractions weren't hurting me, but they were on the other hand uncomfortable.
For our trip home my midwife has already said she's not happy with me going home, especially with us driving, but she's talking about checking my cervix, doing a nst(non stress test) and definitely sending me with my records, just to be on the safe side! Which of course makes me feel a bit better!

This pregnancy I feel like its been a bit tougher than my pregnancy with Elijah. I was hoping to not go into L&D until I was actually in labor and I've had to go in twice in two weeks! At least I only have had to get on iv. That sucked too, bc they blew a main vein on the back of my hand, it hurt like crazy, and it still does! But I'm learning that I will go through any amount of pain for my babies.

I guess this is all for now :) I'll try to update more later!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember you can do this :) Follow doctors orders and I think everything will be ok :) I know I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse.. I do really hope you don't have to go into the ER or L&D while on your trip!! It would be nice for you to enjoy it without all the hospital time :) I know the bed rest sucks but just remember it could be worse.. I lub dew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have to go to a L&D on my trip I might cry! I hope Matthew and I can just remember that I have to take it easy and not for me to over do it! I'm excited and looking forward to the trip, just not all the cleaning I have to do here before we go.

      Delete