Friday, March 23

Not only am I 17 Weeks, My son is 17 Months today!

My son is the love of my life! He lights up my world. He brings a smile to my face, makes me laugh, and can always cheer me up! He's so smart, always has been. He's such a goober too! He can be the funniest little boy you've ever met! He can be mean too though- don't let his cuteness fool you!

He talks all the time! He says, ease- please, daddy, mama, nana, banana-nana, thank you, bless you, cuse me- excuse me, no, oh toodles, ball, big, doggies, side- outside, bye bye, elmo, cookie, paw paw, baby, woof- and so much more! I know there are words that I'm missing.  He can tell you what a monkey says, and if you ask him, what does a sheep say, does a sheep say bahhh? He will go bahhhhh hahaha, then ask him does a horse say nah? He will say nahhhhh. He's learning stuff everyday! It scares me how much he's learning! I've already been told he's a few months ahead of himself! And, knowing that he uncle- Matthew's brother- tested border line genius, I am like, ummm.... Will that be Elijah?

Elijah weighs about 25 pounds and is about 31-32 inches tall! He loves the schedule he is on, and helps mommy out so much. He throws his own diaper away, throws all trash away, picks up his toys, eats very well for all three meals. He usually lets me do some chores without really getting in the way,  with the exception of the dishwasher! He loves trying to close it, take forks or spoons out, and loves getting in the way. He loves playing with his magnets on the fridge when I'm cooking, or sitting on his stool. He knows when mommy is sad, or really upset with him.

Some people say I'm too hard on him, I don't think I am. I think I'm teaching him. I don't want him to turn out- I hate to say it this way, but turn out like my brother. My brother has gotten better over the years, but he used to hit my mom, he hit me, he would scream and yell at her, disobey her, he broke two pair of her glasses in one day, he never listened. It didn't matter if she would bribe him, try to be nice to him, she even put him on meds, and it didn't work. Doctors said, oh he has ADD, ADHD, all these words that just mean to me you have an out of control kid, and we want to shove a pill down there throat. I don't want my son to be like his uncle lane. My brother though, is a loving man now. He still has anger problems, but he loves me, loves his step kids- although he would never call them his step kids- he loves our mom and dad so much, and I know when something happens to either one of them I will have to be there for my big brother, and hold him, and help him. When something sad happens his anger will sometimes come out. It makes me cry just thinking about it. I love my big brother, Lane. I did learn a lot from him, it might be things that I don't want to do, or things that I don't want my kids to do, but he's taught me. He's taught me how to be kind, forgiving, and loving too- and that is what I want my son to be! And he's pretty much grasp it so far! haha!

My son means so much to me, and I will always teach him. I may not be an attached parenting type of parent, but I'm not all about tough love either. When my son cries because he's in trouble I want to cry! When he's sent to his room because he's in trouble and he cries, it breaks my heart. He gets put in time out, either on his cars couch or in his room. He's down to one nap a day now, and sometimes he needs Elijah time-that's what I call it- and mommy needs mommy time, and he gets sent to his room. I hope to keep this up, for when the newest member of our family gets here, so if he's being too loud or really fussy, he will have Elijah time. I want him to try to understand that mommy and baby need bonding time, but mommy and Elijah will have bonding time too. I could never push my son out of my life after having this baby! I will do my best to find a balance! I have awesome friends who have more than one kid, and I'm sure they can help me out, give me mommy advice, or a few pointers, as long as I remember to ask, and not attempt to try this two kid parenting alone.

Well, this blog was going to be about Elijah being 17 months, I think I covered most of that and more! I hope you enjoyed it, as much as I enjoyed writing it! I hope I did not offend anyone, or make you think of me as a bad mom- or friend for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment