Saturday, May 14

Small, Long Update

Hello once again my lovely readers. Since I don't blog much, I doubt I have amny of you left. I didn't have many to start out with, so I'm pretty sure I may only have one or two left out there.
Tonight has been a good night. I "took" Matthew on a date. He's been wanting to see Thor for a while, so I decided I would just take him. My wonderful neigbhor, Samantha took Elijah for the night, and she said he was a great little boy! Now, if he would be a wonderful little boy and go to sleep for mommy and daddy so we can sleep would be perfect ending to my night.
Elijah is now almost 7 months old and sitting up on his own, pulling up on his own, crawling like a champ, and kind of crawling weird, crawls with one knee and walking on one leg. He's so weird. I have a veido on youtube on this wonderful crawling method. My mother in law told me, this is how Matthew started to learn to walk. She said Matthew learned to walk at 8 or 9 months, and I have a friend saying she will be amazed if Elijah isn't walking by then. I think he will, but only God knows. God has blessed Matthew and I with such a wonderful son. Yes, he has given me a hard time, I wish I could have kept myself breastfeeding. I hate now that I stopped, but I know with my second one, if there is a second baby, but with my second one I want to breastfeed it for at least six months, if not longer! I will have Elijah's measurements in my next blogs. His six month appointment isn't until May 18! UGH! Client couldn't get us in until then. He will be almost 7 months old, but whatever. I'm just happy we are getting in.
I'm sorry I haven't blogged. I've tried blogging from my phone and it doesn't seem to want to upload for some reason. But, just like Matthew said, I do have time to blog, but in my mind I don't. I either want to be cleaning or resting and watching tv. But, I need to make time to blog. It helps me not explode, and it helps me with my depression. I don't consider myself depressed anymore, but I do sometimes see it coming, and have no way to escape. I don't want to do anything, I don't want to be happy, it's so hard to deal with. Matthew and I are so against putting me on medication, I'm already on birth control to help my hormone levels, but I really haven't seen a change, I've only seen a horrible, awful period come from it, and God awful pain.
I have so many friends going thought a deployment. I hate seeing them go through this. Ir hurts me because I will never know, unless Matthew cross trains, how they feel, or what is going through there minds. I wantto be a person they can turn to, and a person they can talk to, but I don't ever know what to say. One of mt friends has a baby, the same age as Elijah and her husband left, I think only 2 months after her daughter was born. That has to be hard on her! She is soley breastfeeding her daughter, and she isn't pumping as far as I know, so no one can help. I know that her daughter is an angle though. She gets to talk to her husband and her daughter gets to see her daddy, but still I wonder how will she react when she see's him in person? I know Matthew's dad deployed a good bit, and I know it was hard on his family, and his mom had 4 kids at one point, and I have no clue how she managed. I know she had God, and the help of family, but that has to be hard. My thoughts and prayers are with all my friends that are going through a deployement, or who are gearing up towards one. I will always be here to listen if you need a person!

Thanks for reading my long, crazy update! Have a great night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you on your blog! Hope to see you when I go back to KS. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your husband leaves, you just do what you have to do and be a mother! Hold your baby tight and take it one day at a time :) we now have an incredible bond since I am her only care giver. And yes, she has never drank from a bottle... But on the plus side, she eats for free! ;) about 37 days to go!!!! I am looking forward to my first nap and the first day I get to sleep in since she was 7 weeks old :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon,It is good she eats for free! So does Elijah! WIC is amazing! But, I hold you in my prayers!

    Charity, You better come see me when you are back in KS! :)

    Andrea, I know, it's just hard sometimes to get into contact with ppl when I feel down.

    ReplyDelete