So much has changed since my last post. I gave birth to my son, Elijah Micheal Flippen on October 23 at 12:42 pm. He has given me joy, happiness, and sleepless nights. He finally gained his birth weight back. He's now almost sitting at 9 pounds. He was born 8 pounds 9 ounces. He came home at 7 pounds 13 ounes. We are slowly getting him used to sleeping in his crib. We play our itunes for him to listen to. He seems to like that. I seem to be healing pretty ok. My hormones are still all over the place, which is normal for a breastfeeding mom I've been told. I'm ready to have a new normal. Since I know that we wont have what we used to have, now we have to plan around Elijah. If it's too cold for him outside, if the drive is to long, is our car good enough for a trip. When it was just Matthew and I we knew ok, well if the car breaks down thats ok, we can wait til someone gets here, but now we aren't just looking out for ourselves, we have a baby now that we have to take care of. I sometimes feel like I'm doing a good job with Elijah, and sometimes I feel like I do a horrible job. I sometimes ask God if I really am the right mom for him. I don't know what I'm doing is the right thing to do. I get so upset so fast sometimes. I just get frustarted sometimes, I'm sure it's normal, but sometimes I get mad at myself for being upset at my son.
On a differrent note... I keep thinking about Texas. I miss it so much. I miss living at Sheppard so much. I don't know why. I feel like if we could move back there I'd be so happy. Although in Matthew's Career we can't move there unkess he becomes a Tech School instructor. Which I wouldn't mind that. ;) Well I'm going to post a few pictures, and I'm done for the day. :)

aww Mandy, you are a FANTASTIC mom! Don't forget who was more than a week overdue and did not use any pain medication during labor until you had to so your body could finish dilating. Since you are worrying about all these things, they say that you really love your son and are doing what is best for him! No one is perfect and you will get upset with him, that is natural. But thinking about everything you and Matthew do before you do them, shows that you have your priorities 100% straight!
ReplyDeleteand being from Texas, I know why you miss it so much. Texas really is a great place to live :) but where ever you, Matthew, and Elijah are will be home.
Awww sweetie you are so nice. Thank you so much for all the kind words. Since everyone keeps telling me I'm doing a good job, it must be true. I try to remind myself I am a new mom and I'm doing the best I can. Thank you so much! :)
ReplyDeleteI just had to smile at your comment, "He has given me joy, happiness, and sleepless nights." =) I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job as a mommy to Elijah! He has a mommy that loves him and looks out for his best interests...what more could a little boy want?!! I know that babies can be a trial when they are fussy (I know, I only have experience from being an aunt and a babysitter) but you just have to find what works for them. I'm sure you'll find a routine that works for both of you. I know you are doing your best. Keep your chin up. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying that. Means a lot!
ReplyDeleteEvery first time mommy feels like that, it's perfectly normal. Don't get discouraged cause if you weren't meant to be Elijah's Mommy then you wouldn't be :) Remember to just breathe and look into Elijah's eyes.. you'll see it was meant to be :)
ReplyDelete