Wednesday, August 25

You've Blessed Our Life

It's been feeling great outside! This morning it was 57 degrees outside, the high is only going to be high 70's. Oh how I love this. Makes me want to go out and dance in the wind. Yesterday Matthew and I went on a short walk and it was windy and my nose started running. I know Fall is coming and I'm so ready for it.This weekend is suppose to almost get back in the 90's but I'm sure the fall is coming, I'm going to hold on to my hope that it's coming. :)

Life has been great in the Flippen house lately. We've started our devotion yet again, and this time I don't care how late it is, or how tired we are, we are going to do them every night. It's helping our marriage, we get an hour together before we go to sleep and it allows God to come join us while we are together and let him have his way in our life. We put everything aside and I love doing our devotion. Matthew seems to enjoy it as well. Another awesome wonderful thing is, I got a small part time temporary job. I will be watching a friend of mine's baby girl a few days a week for a few hours. I'm super excited. It's going to help Matthew and I get some small things for Elijah and it will help me have some girl lunch time with some of my ladies. Matthew's excited about me watching the little girl. He thinks it will be good for me. Plus it will give me something to do 3 days a week. Also in two weeks I'll start my one week appointments. It's weird thinking it's still Aug. but Oct is just right around the corner. Matthew and I keep preparing everything, and trying to make sure everyhting is washed and put away. I'm doing my best right now, but walking up and down the stairs keep getting harder and harder. But I keep doing it. We also are going to keep walking (small walks) as long as I can, and as long as it stays cool outside.

God has blessed Matthew and I so much this past year. It's been almost a year since he left for BMT. This past year so much has happened. It's just been amazing! Just to sum all of it up, God has really poured his blessings on us. I just can't help but to praise him for everything. I mean we are expecting our first baby. We are about to make it to our 3rd Wedding Anniversary, we have met wonderful friends here at Whiteman, formed great friendships, about to join a great chuch that has just took us under there wing nad treated us like family. Life is great. Thanks to everyone who has made it great for us. Thanks to everyone who has blessed us with words, smiles, love and joy! You've made a difference in our life. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe fall is coming! Summer is still in full swing in Virginia, but I'm looking forward to pumpkins and leaves and autumn :) So glad that you and Matthew are enjoying devotion time together! Mark and I don't do a devotion, but we are studying Crazy Love by Francis Chan in our small group, and we discuss it together on our own as well, and it's been a big blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going so well for you! It's great that are able to earn a little bit of money so you can buy stuff for Elijah. I bet that's fun! Your posts make me smile because you are so upbeat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I love fall too! The smell, the leaves, decorations! Everything! Crazy love is a great study! We almost started that, but never did. And Charity, i try to always be upbeat! :) it helps me to be positive.

    ReplyDelete