Wednesday, February 10

My Father

If God can move a mountain, then I know he can help me out of my slump. He already is helping me more then I know. He got me out out bed, and I'm moving around and I'm alive. So thats a start. If he can conquer the grave then I know that I can help myself, and love myself for who I am. I know that it will be hard, but I need to let go of the past and tell myself the furture is as good as I want it. It's amazing what God can say to someone who is feeling down and blue.

I know I need to get out of the apartment, but I don't like to do things alone. Now that a friend has completly cut me off, I feel alone. I know that i"m not. I know that God is here with me, telling me that he loves me, and that I'm going to be fine. I have to look up to God. He's my father. Not just my heavenly father, but my daddy.

I never got the chance to meet my real Father. I have a step father, but as you can see, he wants nothing to do with me. I know more about my step father then my biological father. Everyone told me I looked just like my step father. I was Daddy's Girl growing up. I know one reason I am so hurt in my life, or I feel bruised or abonded is because I didn't really have anyone to talk to growing up. So, I was the bad child. I lashed out, and did things only some people think of doing. I thought I was daddy's girl. But, as I look back, I didn't have him wrapped around my finger like I thought. He was the one that always punished me. He said, " It hurts me more then it hurts you" I finally learned that was a load of crap when he kicked me out, at the age of 17.

I know things about my Real father. I know his name. I actaully have his cell phone number, he called me out of the blue last summer. First time I'd ever heard from him. I remember seeing him when I was about 9. He took me abd my brother out. Didn't feed us, said he would. We came home very hungry, and filthy. My mom said, never again. And she meant it. My real father, never signed my Birth Certificate. I was fatherless. Anyways, he called me last summer, and wanted to talk. Said he heard I got married. Said he was happy for me. We talked maybe for five minutes, and said he had to get back to work, but he would call me tomorrow. I was slightly looking forward to that. I wanted to meet him some where, in public with Matthew, and us all three talk. Well, tomorrow never came for him. I can assume he died the day he talked to me. Some of you would ask, why don't you call him. Because he told me, he would call me back. I was 19. He never had anything to do with me. I wanted questions answered. He signed my brothers birth certificate, but not mine. Why?

I cam to the conculsion that, he doesn't want anything to do with his kids. Sad to say, he's a dead beat dad. And my mom isn't any better then him. She doesn't want anything to do with her daughter. I am angry inside for many things. The way I was treated as a kid, neither one, my mom or my step dad had anything to do with me. And now they hate me, Why? Because Matthew and I didn't get them anything for Christmas. I'm sorry, we drove over 1,000 miles to be with our families for Christmas, on money we didn't have. I think that was a great Christmas present to give.


I'm angry with my parents, but I know that God doesn't want me to be. I know that God is my father. My daddy. And this daddy, I don't have wrapped around my finger either, but he loves me unconditionally. He forgives me, when I do something wrong. He punishes me, when I don't listen to him. But, he's the best daddy in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anything. My God, is My daddy. I wanted you all to know that. My God is great, how great you ask... So, great, they sing songs about him. I wil forever worship my God, because he rescued me from the things that I couldn't handle, and the people that don't deserve me.

I hope you enjoyed this. I enjoyed writing it.                                
  
This is something my God made. Isn't it beautiful?
 I love his outside nature.
        This is a Child Of God,
        I always will be.

10 comments:

  1. yikes :[ so sorry about your birth parents. Mark has a terrible family situation -- they never talk to us. Well, except for a text message on Christmas. That's it :\ So I (kind of, sort of) understand what it's like to not have your family, because my husband doesn't have one.

    But, I mean, *I* never went through that, so I don't REALLY know :(

    I also call God "daddy" sometimes. It's good, but hard sometimes, to remember that God is so much more than our earthly father could ever be.

    Sorry you're going through all this :( love you, Mandy Pants*


    *I have an obsession with cutesy nicknames.. just ask Tara..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and this is pretty hard to go through. I'm sorry that Mark has a hard time with his partnes too. :(

    I just need to remeber that God is my daddy, and he will forever love me. :)

    Mandy Pants. A friend of mine callds me that. haha funny you would pick that name for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you know from first hand experince. I know how you feel. My step father, I called him dad too. But he's lied to me a lot, and has hurt my feelings.

    My mom has lost the only daughter she will ever have, and I hope she realizes it soon. But It will take a long time for me to trust her, and forgive her.

    Thanks. I love my pictures too. The one of me is when Matthew and I first got his dad's camera. First ever picture I took of myself. :) I was 17 I think. :) And the one for the tree is at the Fall's here when it was fall.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Mandy I'm sorry you have to go through this.. The most I can relate to it is when my Dad walked out for 2 years when I was a little kid and wanted nothing to do with me and my siblings. Until randomly he just showed up one day wanting to be daddy again.. Now yes he is back in my life and luckily we've gotten closer but still makes me wonder where the hell he went when I was little I didn't understand it I was about 6 years old at the time..

    Otherwise I've seen it happen.. To my Mom.. She has not talked to her parents or her brothers in years.. and she will not.. They kicked her out when she was either 17 or 18 I forget because she missed her midnight curfew by about 5-10 minutes.. I think the last time I saw my grandma was when I was in middle school and that was because she begged my mom to let us go see her.. But otherwise they have wanted nothing to do with us since..

    So I'm so sorry that's going on with you and your parents... Mandy you don't deserve that. At all... You deserve better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your father walked out on you. I know that must have been hard. I'm sure you d ohave questions. I do as well, about my father.
    Sorry to hear that about your mom. Once my paretns grounded me because.. Get this. Matthew and I were at my house, sitting in the car talking, my brother was outside, went inside, then came back out, told Matthew I better go, went inside It was 10:01 and I got grounded because I was late! But I wasn't. I was in the yerd before 10! My parents are strange. I'm sorry you don't get to see your grandma. I bet thats hard. :(

    I think I deserve better too, but sometimes I don't think I do. I've had a hard life, but I know someone else is out there that has had it harder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mandy, first of all, about the "friend", you don't need frienmies like that, that show you NO support and even tho she should know more than anyone else what this life is like!

    I also don't know my biological father, dubbed the "sperm donor", but the man my mother married after him is my dad, he adopted me, and I consider no one else my father or my daddy or anything like that, he is my dad thru and thru. When I was 16, for some reason the sperm donor tried to get custody of me and failed miserably, he signed away his rights when I was just a few months old and it was a closed adoption, so there were no existing records saying that he was ever related to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to call mine the "Sprem donor" too! :) HAHAHA.. And your right about that "Friend" She was never really a friend I guess... She was just here to not support what all of our husbands do...

    I'm glad you daddy is a great man. My step dad and mom said my step dad adopted me, but when Matthew and I went to the courthouse to find out, it was a lie, all they did was change our names. That hurt! I went throughout a long time thinking he did, and then found out he didn't, that all they did was lie, hurt me more then i should have let it....
    I'm glad your daddy took care of you. :) Can I adopt him? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry Mandy that you had to go through all this. I can't relate but I feel for you!
    I'm glad you have God on your side though! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, it's ok. I mean, I love my life, and It's a great things that God is one my side. I would be lost without him. I wouldn't know where to go, or what to do.
    It's ok, Don't be sorry.
    I love you too girlie!

    ReplyDelete