Tuesday, February 9

Fearless

Love story of the night comes from your's truley, Me. I want to inform you all about my relationship with my husband. I'm not going to get too personal, so don't worry, but I want to tell you all a bit about it.

I was 16 years old, when I met the love of my life. He was 20. I didn't know his age until later. All I saw was his beautiful blue eyes behind his glasses. I saw him in a waffle house uniform, cooking behind the counter. He wasn't tall, not short, just right it seemed. His name tag read Matt. Thats all  I knew about him at first. Well I training as a Host. Thats all I was going to be at Waffle House. So, A girl was telling and showing the things I needed to do. Simple things: Hold the door open when people come in or out. Help the waitresses nad waiter, pre-bus the tables, clean the doors, windows, and outside area. Well this girl looked about my age. So, I had to talk to her, respond to the things she was showing me. So, we started talking like friends. Her name tag read Ashley. Mine read Mandi. (Yeah, back then I tried to spell my name a lof ot differnet ways, thought it was cool) Well, I asked her about this cook. Who was he? She said, "He's mine, we are dating" I was shocked, didn't like that. Found out she was 19. He was 20. I was ok with that. But in the back of my mind, I knew I was going to get this guy. I wanted him. Hadn't talked to him, only looked at him, but I wanted him.
Well, about a month went by, and we all 3 had to worlk together. By this time I was a waitress. I knew that they had broke up, but she still insited I keep back, he was hers. Well this was Thanksgiving of 2006. This Matt and I were on the floor, and I never saw him smile. The store was empty, and I figurered why not try and talk to him? So, I looked at him. (I was in the dishpit, if you turn around in the dishpit, your looking at the grill) And asked him, kinda told him.. "Smile?!" And I said it with a smile. So, he kinda laughed, and did a smile. Well during this smile and laugh, we started asking each otehr questions, talked for a bit, and got to know each other. Meanwhile, his ex was in the backroom, because she was "sick" I'm not saying she was or wasn't, but I think it was God giving us a chance to get to know each other.
After this day we didn't work or see each other very much. He was a thrid shift cook, and I was a second shift waitress. So, I wanted to know this Matt so, I got creative, and one day, he came in for thrid shift, I was leaving second, and gave him a notebook, told him to look at it when he could. This was the first part of December 2006. Well we started gettting to know one another in the notebook. He sometimes wrote a lot, and others not so much. Me, I wrote no less then 6 pages each time. It was awesome. Well his birthday was Dec 4. I knew when it was, and I got him something for his birthday. A lot of candy, a card, and a little thing of Axe. Ever since then he's worn Axe. I'd like to think I had something to do with that.
Well almost two months had past, and we weren't dating yet. Well, I like going light looking around Christmas time, I mentioned tht to him. He got the point, and asked if I wanted to go light looking with him. So, I asked my parents, and they said yes. Well, we didn't go light looking. He had other plans, and forgot to tell me, picked me up, and went to some house out in the same city I lived in. Their was the house of his youth leader, and his brother and sisters where there too. So, I got to meet them. It was nice, but I missed my light looking. I think he was scared to go out somewhere with me.
Well It was Dec 31, New Years Eve, and still we weren't dating. I wasn't giving up though. I was at work that night, and he was coming in for thrid shift. He had the notebook, and he was bringing it to me. And guess what it had in it when I got it? "Will you go out with me?" I was so happy I almost forgot to show him my answer. So, we started dating on New Years Eve. 2006. This is just the start to our crazy life. I think I will tell you more, later. I hope you enjoyed this, as I enjoyed the memories. 
 I titled this fearless, because when I started out for Matthew, I felt fearless. I wasn't going to let anything or anyone stop me. His Ex tried a lot to stop me. There are somethings I left out on purpose, bad things that Matthew and I had to go through to be together, even when we started, but I wanted to focus on the happy, good things. Really hope you enjoy this. I wish I had some pictures of us when we dated, but neither one of us had a camera. So, I'll post one ofr our really old pictures of us after we got married.

8 comments:

  1. That was a good post. I'm not sure what to say about it. I know I made things difficult for y'all and I apologize. It's just sometimes I would like answers from my ex's especially when they tell me to give them time and they will come around. Even to this day it is a bit hurtful to even see it written. But I'm happy now.

    I mean there are some days I just feel like I need to get things off of my cheset. But then there are somethings that y'all don't know what happened. I think I might have t
    told you some of them.

    I'm glad that we were able to go back to being friends. The blog kinda shocked me that you had the mindset when you came in lol.

    Somethings I feel like I need to know like with what happened but then at times I know that it would probably be best if I was left in the dark.

    I hope that nothihng I say on here causes you to second think our friendship. Maybe your right maybe I should blog lol.

    I wish y'all the best for the future.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this! Such a great story and everything! It's so great to know how you two met!

    btw LOVE the new blog layout with the flowers and everything its so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for coming around. Yeah you did cause a lot of problems for us, and it was very hard for us to start because of you, and my family.

    Me and you have our ups and downs, and sometimes I still don't understand the things you do. But, Your still in my life, so you must be here for a reason.

    I know you still want answeres, and I'm sorry, I can't give them to you. You know Matthew will probably never talk to you again. But thats probably for the best. You just have to remeber that.

    Thanks for wishing us the best. I wish you and Chris the best, and a life time of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie- Thanks, Flowers and bright colors make me happy. I like telling my story. The good parts that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha maybe someday I'll tell my short and simple story of how Mike and I met and got together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you a little man stealer, haha! The notebook idea was genius I have to say, very cute. Did you guys keep the notebook? That would be amazing to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it was more like 3 notebooks after we got done with them! :) And I have all of them! :) And I got called that a lot. Trust me

    Stephaine- you should.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks lol. I know that he's not going to talk to me (and I can't say that I blame him...I woudn't wanna talk to me either after the way I was; I feel like alot of times that y'all deserve a better apology for the way I was, and sometimes I feel like the air isn't completely clean between all of us, like I didn't apologize good enough...kinda stems back to what I blogged earlier) that's why I've left it alone. And what do you mean you still don't understand some of the things I've done. I mean I have been through a lot in two years (more than any woman should be subjected to and I understand that it's my fault for most of what happened in my past but I can't help the way some guys are).

    You have to admit that I've changed an awful lot since then. I've had to do alot of growing in two years time. I've filled you in on part of what happened but idk if I can ever tell the whole thing to anyone. I have to Chris but not even my family knows some of what's happened.

    But I do love you like a sister and I appreciate you being there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on or just a friend to talk to.

    ReplyDelete