Sunday, February 7

Do you really want to know this un-perfect person? I have flaws just like you.

As I sat in bed the other night, I started thinking. How much do my readers, and friends really know about me. I don't know how long this list maybe. It could be short, or long. I have a few things in mind, but afterwards whatever comes out, comes out. Here it goes.


  1. I started smoking at the age of 16. Didn't really stop until I was early 19. Matthew told me he wouldn't date me if I smoked, or cursed, so I stopped; when he was around. My life at home was too stressful, and school wasn't that great either.
  2. Matthew is the only person in my whole family that knows every little thing about me. My family esp parents never knew, and if I have anything to say/do about it will never know about me smoking. Thats the last thing i need.
  3. I make myself feel horriable about quitting school. Not only does my family judge me about it, even though they don't say they do, I know they do. I know it was stupid on my part, but I thought I knew my life, and what I wanted to do. But then when I think about quititng school, I tell myself, "stop! You started college, and you're going to finish!"
  4. I'm very self conscious about my size. Not only am I a big person, I have big feet and big fingers. I know I can't do anything about my feet or fingers, but my weight I can. I do eat right. I love Vegeis, and friuts, but for some reason weight gets worse every time. I hate it. I feel people judging me when they look at me. Girls that are skinny and call themselves fat, tick me off more then anything.
  5. Those who lie, I hate the most. I have it when people lie to me. It's the worst thing you can do it me. I guess since I lied growing up, and finally figured out that it's not good, and saw what it did to my family, I hate.
  6. Even though Matthew and I have been married for a little over 2 years, I have broken his trust more then twice. It makes me feel horrible and I don't do it on purpose. For example, I told him I stopped smoking, He found out every time I started again. The last time I told him. I saw how bad it hurt him. I completly lost my husbands trust, and I never saw how he give it back to me, but he did. I have yet to break it again.
  7. Of the whole time Matthew and I have been married I've seen him cry twice. Once he was very upset with him mom. They were fighting about a few months before he left for BMT. He was so mad, he scared me. The second time, he was upset with me. recent. He was mad, yet upset because he had upset me. He only cries when he is mad.
  8. Our whole marriage we've seen each other maybe one whole year. We haven't been together like a "normal" married couple. He was a truckdriver, we worked sepearte shifts at the same job for several months. Then he went to BMT, and even while we are here at Tech School together, we aren't together.
  9. I shouldn't have moved to Tech School. It was not apart of God's plan for me. I should have stayed in college, or got a job. It's been proven to us. But I still wouldn't trade the days that we've had. For the money we could have saved.
  10. Spiders and Snakes are my worst fear. as animals I hate them with a passion. You will never get me to touch a snake, or a spider. I will never have one as a pet.
  11. I have my dream house all planned out. The whole thing. How big I want it. Where I want it. How I want the landscape to look. I'm a big dreamer.
  12. I used to want to be a country singer. It was my thing. I love to sing. I feel like I have a horrible voice since I haven't done anything with it. I know I will never be a country singer, I don't have money to get lessons, or to go out and sing in front of crowds.
  13. I've only been to one concert in my whole life. It was superchick with Matthew. In 2006. Right before we started dating. It was awesome. He's not a concert person though. So, he kind of made it boring. He is quite and not the jumpy type. lol
  14. I have my dream wedding all planned out. Even though I've already gotten married, I want to do it over. Still thinking about it. It wouldn't be my dream wedding though. And I would never be satisfied with it.
  15. I try to be a people pleaser. I'm starting to learn I can't please everyone. It's too hard, and very impossible with my beliefs, and my opinions. So, I'm starting to show people that I'm not perfect. Never will I be, nor do I want to be. Why would you want to be perfect? You would never learn from your mistakes.

I think I am done. Sorry if it's so long, or if I have mispelled words. Spelling was my worst subject. Still is, and so is Math. I would love to see what you all thought this. I hope you have learned more about me, and appericate me as a person.

8 comments:

  1. Mandy- I love you and God made you the way you are for a reason. You have such a kind heart and I know you wouldn't wish evil on anybody. You are a wonderful person. Everybody has flaws, it's what makes us human. We can learn to coexist despite our flaws and differences and learn to love eachother the way God loves us. I love you Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. I know I have flaws. I wanted everyone else to know about them. I didn't want anyone to think of me "perfect". I wanted people to see me as who I am. I love you too. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your comment. and you are right, we do learn to coexist with everyone else. God is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were a smoker. I used to smoke too.. I quit a couple years ago I couldn't do it anymore I just had to stop and I've been sticking to it ever since.. It's too expensive and not worth it in my opinion..

    I'm glad you opened up and shared this though. It probably makes you feel better knowing that now people know this about you and understand you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thats the thing, I never had to buy mine. I had friends that bought mine for me. It was ok with me, until recently. I hate the smell, I hate to see females do it. It looks nasty, but I still have cravings sometimes, but I don't give in. I know that it wont be good, and I know that it would hurt Matthew to find out. Never knew you smoked too. The things you find out about other people. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew MOST of these things, not all, like definitely didn't know you smoked. I'm proud of you for quitting! Obviously everyone has body issues, no one will ever think they have the perfect body, its not possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought it was pretty cool you opened up girly!
    btw joshers is the sameway with concerts...i always beg him to come anyways but he has to remind me he will not be fun. but superchicks eh? that must have been awesome!! love em!
    oh and with the spiders and snakes thing, im the same way....guess what? i married a guy with a pet snake...his lil snake is currently in idaho awaiting our move/ PCS LOL...ive gotten use to it being around and trust me it use to scare me to death, but u can get over that fear if ur around snakes more...i still wont hold it, but i dont mind being in the same room with it now if someone has it out of the cage...the snake is like apart of joshs life like a brother, so i could never ask him to get rid of it now that i know what it means to him, i cant be that selfish lol.
    anyways, im just scared of the thing getting outta the cage....hes a sneaky buggar lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. That post made me sad :[ I know you didn't mean for it to make me (or anyone) sad, but I just don't want you to focus on your flaws. At *all* !!! We all have flaws. My current biggest one is that I'm, like, really shy. I never used to be this shy, but in this new town, I feel really out of place and scared. Not many people know that. I don't have the guts to go off by myself to the ESC or anything. I'm scared to death, and I won't know anyone.

    :\

    We all have flaws, but please don't focus on them! Especially on things of the past :]

    PS. That REALLY is a REALLY good picture of you - no lie. One of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura- Yeah I used to smoke. :/ Not one of the things I like to admit, but it's true. And the body, your so right.
    Savannah- I couldn't live with a snake, cage or not. Matthew doesn't want one thank God. Not my thing.
    Shannon-Sorry it made you sad. That wasn't my purpose at all. I just wanted people to know moew about me. I will make a more happier one. I promise. Thanks for reading though. Means a lot. And Thanks about the picture. It's one of my favorite ones. :) Glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete