Things seem to be turning around. It's all in how positive, and how blessed you consider yourself. I think I am very blessed. I know that God is looking out for Matthew and myself. I have been going through a storm lately, and not wanting to come to the realization. I haven't told Matthew, I think he might already know. I know that God tells him things, without me having to speak a word. I love that God tells Matthew things without me having to say anything. It helps, because Matthew will come to me, and just know what to say, and know what to do. God is a wonderful thing to have in your life. Without him, your lost, and walking in complete darkness. I would hate for some people that I know to have a life without the man upstairs.... Anyways...
So, I have a lot to do. And only a month to do it in. I have to get boxes. Make room in the car, clean the car, save money, pay bills, cook, clean, and somewhere breath. I know that I will manage. I will be fine. I know that I have family and wonderful friends to get me to smile, and help me out. I just feel like it's taken forever for us to get to this point, and I know that in the blink of an eye we are going to be in Mo. Either on base, or in some house, we don't know anyone at this base. Yes, I've made friends on facebook. And I'm greatful for them, but there husband's are way ahead of Matthew and I. I want some friends that are going through the same thing, that we are. (I'm sure most of my readers undestand this)
Tech School for Me:
What I think of Myself.
I know that some of my friends call me lucky, positive, blessed... ect., I consdier myself blessed. Thats all. And sometimes, I think of myself as being positive. I never consider myself lucky. I don't believe in luck. Also, I think I am just a girl, who is in love with a man so wonderful. I don't think I deserve him sometimes. I don't think I'm really smart, and I don't think I'm pretty. I don't think I deserve the friends that I have. I think I can sing.. I love to sing. But when I really think about I don't think people like my voice. I used to want to be a singer, and I still do, sorta, but it's just a dream now. I think I would be a great model. But I'm scared to try. I think My boobs are to big, but would hate if something ever happened to them. I don't think my hair grows. It just falls out. I think my fingers are to big. I think have beautiful eyes. I don't like my face. I want to have kids, but I'm so scared of needles, that I think I may never be able to have kids. But I know one thing. That God made me the way he wanted to. He took his wonderful time to make me, and I know I shouldn't complain about God's work.This song is Don't Blink By Kenny Chesney. Matthew and I love this song. And it seems to fit the things that I'm feeling.
I turned on the evening news
Saw an old man being interviewed
Turning a hundred and two today
Asked him what's the secret to life
He looked up from his old pipe
Laughed and said "All I can say is ."
Don't Blink
just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
just might miss your babies growin' like mine did
Turning into moms and dads; next thing you know your better half
of fifty years is there in bed> And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend, one hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't Blink
I was glued to my tv when it looked like he looked at me and said
"Best start putting first things first."
Cause when your hour glass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breath God gives you for what it's worth
Don't Blink
just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
just might miss your babies growin' like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your better half
of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend, a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink
So I've been tryin' to slow it down
I've been tryin' to take it in
In this here today, gone tomorrow world we're livin' in
Don't Blink
just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and ya'
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't Blink
just might miss your babies growin' like mine did
Turning into moms and dads; next thing you know your better half
of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend, a hundred years goes faster than you think
So Don't Blink
No, don't blink
don't blink
life goes faster than you think
so don't blink
don't blink
life goes faster than you think
don't blink
life goes faster than you think
Just because something good ends doesn't mean something better won't begin.
Ok, 3rd time writing this, urgh!!!! But...anyway!
ReplyDeleteYou are exactly right, God DID make you the way He wanted you to be! I think you are beautiful and I am sure your hubby does too. No one can be perfect, but ironically we are all perfect in a way because God made us and He made us all how we are for a reason! He knew everything about us and planned us all out before we were even born! The great thing about us Mandy is that we have never met each other in person, our whole friendship is based on us talking, and I think that has allowed us to really get to know each other and know the real people that we are without anything else getting in the way! All I know about you is the inside of you, and when I see pictures of you, I know how beautiful you are on the inside and that makes me not able to anything but beauty on the outside of you! I don't see any of these flaws you are talking about, you have amazing eyes, I am jealous of you hair, your smile is beautiful, and light just shines from inside you and I can see that in your pictures!
Thank you so much for caring Laura! And I know that God made us all the way he wanted us. And The same goes with you. I don't see any flaws in you either. Your such an amazing person, and thank you for being such a great friend. I know that God sent you to me. Please don't ever leave me! Promise to be my best friend forever!
ReplyDeleteUggh tech school is crazy.. Mike has been in tech school since June of 2008! Seriously whoever thought it would take that long for tech oh the life of a linguist... We might still have to be here until May and he has more training on top of that! So I can hear you on frustration of tech school lol... I just can't wait to go to Maryland! That way I can be way closer to my family too.. This whole being from Michigan and moving to California thing without my Mom just isn't me lol. But a lot of those things you said about yourself I feel the same way about myself... So I know what you mean!
ReplyDeleteBtw love the Kenny Chesney song choice :) I just love him!
Actually I would have thought being a linguist, it would haven taken a while. My father in law was going to do that while he was in, but he got washed out of the tech school. Wow, yall are going to Maryland? Thats cool... And about your mom.. you must be really really close if you wanted to bring her with you? I've been wanting to get away from our families for some time now. Not just because they get on my nerves, but bc it's time for Matthew and I to have our own life. Ya know?
ReplyDeleteYeah Mike is a Ground Cryptological Linguist and he's learning Hebrew.. We're going to another Army Post after this to Ft. Meade in Maryland.. Yeah My Uncle did it and he learned Russian for it and a woman in my nursing class did it too and she also learned Russian it's crazy.. Yeah I can't wait to go to Maryland! My parents are already planning a road trip since we will be an hour from D.C. and an hour from Baltimore! Yeah the tech school is crazy like ridiculous with the language I can't believe it! Mike has showed me his homework it's nuts! And he has the top secret clearance too just like Matthew! Yeah my Mom and I are REALLY close its hard to be here without her but I know it's for the best I'm learning to be out here and grow up on my own lol.. but she is coming out here next month yay! yeah i get what you mean about you and Matthew having your own life kinda thing! But yeah I think I wrote a novel lol so i best get goin! Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteFt. Meade is really close to us, like an hour and a half away. The linguist is one of the jobs I DON'T want, I don't want to be studying for like 2 years. We have yet to have a chance to see Washington DC, but my MEPS is in Baltimore, so I will be seeing that city very soon. Mandy, I can't say that I am looking forward to tech school, I am glad that Justin is at least done with it. I hope I get one that is as short as possible and I hope that it is not Sheppard,I hear nothing but horrible things about it.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I promise never to leave you Mandy, except for you know basic training and if I ever get deployed and all that, haha!
ReplyDeleteMy father in law was learning Russian, still knows a little bit of it.
ReplyDeleteLaura, I know that whatever tech school you go to is going to be fine. God is going to be with you, protecting you, and guiding you everyway you go... And Even when your deployed, you will always be in my heart. So, I don't think you can ever leave me, truely... You stuck with me... :) haha!
Yeah Laura I don't think I'd want to be a linguist either... So I don't blame you.. The learning is RIDICULOUS! Oh that's cool I didn't know that Ft. Meade was that close to where you guys are.. You have to go all the way to Baltimore for MEPS?! Wow not fun!
ReplyDeleteWow that's cool that he still knows a little bit. I have no idea about my uncle we don't talk anymore but I wish I could learn a language not the way that they learn it though lol...